Nature Photo Festival Montier-en-Der
Montier en Der
International Nature Photo Festival 2011
By Kristel Schneider
(all images Nokia phone uploads)
From the 17th till the 20th of November Montier-en-Der (and some surrounding villages) was full of life. In the village the festival spread over many different locations, from the city hall to the local schools and other halls. Outside you could enjoy some great outdoor exhibitions for free. The overall program was very thorough. You could attend conferences, video/film projections, animations and lots of beautiful nature photo exhibitions.
During the festival I met some nice new photographers and I could speak to people I had met on from the social medias on the Internet. A Photo festival provides you with not only inspiration but also good networking possibilities.
In my opinion a couple of exhibitions stood out, especially those of :
- Olivier Seydoux, a great show called ‘Latitudes Nord‘, which displayed images from countries 60º and 70º latitude North.
- Werner Bollmann, presented his new exhibition ‘Nordic Moments‘ with images from Sweden, Norway and Finland.
- Ludmila Espiaube, ‘Hokkiado, out of the white’, images from a region in Japan under the snow, taken in an artistic, pure and beautiful way.
- Stéphanne Hette and Paul Starosta, ‘Terre de contraste’ a combined show featuring amazing work on insects. Paul’s work was new from me. Stéphanne whom I had interviewed here on Visions and Nature and his work keep amazing me.
- Serge Deboffle, ‘L’art et les oiseaux’, his show was interesting in the way he captured the movement of birds in flight. I liked the ‘arty look’ of his images and he inspired me to try out some techniques to get ‘movement’ images myself. (But that I will explain in the next Blog post).
Link French Television France 3