Finally Spring by
I hereby declare the flower season open
When the wood anemones wake up, Spring has arrived for me and can you imagine, it is mid April and I took my first flower image of 2013 !
This afternoon I tried out a different composition, I often look for back-light or color contrast. In this image the fresh grass gave a soft green background and by combining the Anemone with some other flowers I got a nice ‘flower bouquet’.
Last year I noticed that almost all my flower images were shot with my Canon 300mmL lens. So today I took my Sigma 150mm macro lens with a 1.4 extender, a combination I will try to use more often this year.
Happy flower season everybody!
(Update 14 April 2013)
NatureScapes.NET Flora and Macro forum : Editors Pick
Some feedback :
– This is awesome! What a gorgeous comp & I love the softness!
– Beautiful combination of the anemone with the bed straw (I think that’s what it’s called). Love the bright whites and the stamen details.
– A beautiful spring composition that certainly hits the mark imo – sadly rain and wind over here, so here’s hoping for some of that sunshine.
Other editors picks so far (2013):
- Snow Dunes- Landscape forum
- Wood Anemone – Macro and flower Forum
- Snow waves- Landscape Forum
- Like a frame -Landscapes forum
- Falling snow – Landscapes Forum
- Lake with mist- Landscapes forum
- Abstract gras scene – Macro and flower forum
Beautiful atmosphere! Visited the OVP with 14 photographers today and we had to search for anything that announces Spring. So you are a few weeks ahead of us. Stick to the 300mm;-)
Ik zag de OVP op TV erg droog!
300mm gaat altijd mee 🙂
Zoals gewoonlijk weer een hele mooie foto-voorjaar 2013 is gearriveerd
Dank je Lya!
Pingback: Image: November mood in spring – editors Pick |
Pingback: Image: Greens and white – editors pick |
Pingback: Image: One – editors pick | Visions and Nature
Pingback: Image: Chiloza Waterfall – editors pick | Visions and Nature
Pingback: Image: Pine trees in the clouds | editors pick | Visions and Nature
Pingback: Visions and Nature
Pingback: Image | last light editors pick | Visions and Nature
Pingback: Follow the steps editors pick- Landscape gallery | Visions and Nature