Posted on November 4, 2012
I just found out that my image: Autumn wind -Auvergne Toscany, has been selected as ‘Image Of the Week’ at Naturescapes.Net (a photography forum) in the category, Travel and Culture.
Autumn wind -Auvergne Toscany
Late afternoon – early evening, sun going down, wind blowing in the valley.
Castle of Montmorin near Billom | Auvergne | France
Some feedback :
– Very nice and serene.
– Stunning view Kristel — lovely foreground, with the idyllic castle on the hill in the background! I would be tempted to give midtone contrast a little nudge. A terrific scene!
– Wonderful photo Kristel! and a fantastic and well deserved IOW!!!
Posted on November 11, 2011
Every year the Autumn season makes a photographer’s heart go faster and every year is different. This year the season was late, the climate was too warm to bring out the nice autumn colors on the trees. But when the trees finally are at their best, photographers have to act quick because the top season does not last long. Rain and wind can destroy the scenery overnight. The sun is not always required for Autumn photography an overcast day and mist are great weather conditions to get these colors popup.
TIPS for successful Autumn Photography:
– go out even if the weather is cloudy and grey
– get up early to get the first light even in combination with mist.
– use a polarization filter, the colors get more intense and the filter is also very useful for
wet leaves reflection .
– look at your white balance settings, try out different modes.
– when taking photos of mushrooms look at your background to create a nice color
Even the late Autumn colors (red/brown tints) are nice to capture in landscape photography. So although this year may not have been the top Autumn season, even now, in November, it is still nice to go out and enjoy some mushrooms and the late season colors.
Category: Genereal, Photography tips, workshops & tours Tagged: Autumn Worskhops Auvergne, Auvergne, Auvergne Photography Workshops, foto workshops auvergne, foto workshops Frankrijk, Kristel Schneider Photography, Macro Photography, Mushrooms, Nature and Landscape Photography, Nature Photographers, Nature Photography, Nature Photography Workshops, Photography workshops, Stages Photo en Auvergne, Visions and Nature
Posted on August 29, 2011
Mushrooms and Autumn
Photography Workshop Discount
by Kristel Schneider
‘ Nothing planned yet for your autumn holiday?
Join me in the field during on of my Mushrooms and Autumn workshops’
October maybe one of the most beautiful seasons of the year for Photographers. A season full with colours, atmosphere and lots of macro opportunities. Every day is different.
I give a special Autumn discount for my Blog readers and Facebook Fans. And if you already joined one of my other workshops before or if you bring a friend along you will get another -10% off the workshop price. So don’t hesitate and look for more information on the workshops 2011 page. Click here