Posted on May 14, 2012
Congratulations – Kristel Schneider IOW 11th May, 2012! by Greg Downing
I just found out that my image: Wood Sorrel, has been selected as ‘Image Of the Week’ at Naturescapes.Net (a photography forum) in the category, Flora and Macro.
– Very painterly, looks a bit like a fantasy forest.
– Very cool. Excellent use of blurring in both foreground and background in a way that enhances the subject rather than distracting from it.
– I enjoy this very much. A dream-like work of art.– Delicate, ethereal and just beautiful! This is gorgeous Kristel!– Very much out of a fairy tale, Kristel. Lovely in all respects.
Click here to see more images from my Wood Sorrel series.
Posted on January 22, 2012
I just found out that my image: Winter finally showing its face, has been selected as ‘Image Of the Week’ at Naturescapes.Net (a photography forum) in the category, Travel and Culture.
Some feedback (so far):
– The FG trees have taken on the colour of the early morning light which is beautiful.
But the shadowy glimpses of the BG enshrouded in the fog brings a sense of mystery, and keeps me peering into the image looking for more details – which is why it’s so delightful. It’s as if I’m waiting and watching to see the fog melt away. Fascinating.
– This is really cool!- My dogs are the same Kristel, they love their walk on a frosty ning – as long as they can curl up in the warm house when we get home! It is so pretty to see the frosted landscape after the warm winter we’ve been having – and this is a beautifully composed scene in your own style. Love it!
– Really a gem on an image. That building in the mist shrouded hill takes this to a new level. So well done.
– Wow this is so subtle. Incredible, Kristel. I love it!
Missed my Blog post about this image, click here!
Posted on October 9, 2011
I just found out that two of my images had been selected as ‘Image Of the Week’ at Naturescapes.Net (a photography forum) in two categories, Landscape and Travel and Culture.
This is the Image of the Week selection for the Landscapes Gallery, week ending 7th October, 2011! Kristel Schneider, Autumn and mist.
– Very pretty image – makes me wish I was there.
– This is just great – simple, elegant and beautiful.
– Stunning!! I like this a lot!!
– Great soft colours and light with the mist Kristel, very pleasant
– Beautifully composed street scene Kristel — I really like full
tonal range, and especially the curve disappearing a few doors
away. Lovely work!!!
– What a treat!! Look forward to seeing others on the blog!
– I love the way you capture the ‘spirit’ of these wonderful old
streets and buildings Kristel! This is superb!
– Congrats on the beautiful image along with the well deserved
IOW!!!! Lovely shot – all the best.